More on statistics

So you already know that a flush draw on the river is a 1 in 4 proposition. An inside straight draw 1 in 13 and an up and down straight draw 1 in 6. That is just half the story. Remember that poker is only half about your hands, the other half being the hand of your opponent. If you get your straight and your opponent has a flush, you still lose. So pay attention.


Simple point, it is easier to win a hand, even with an average hand when there are less players on the table. So when you've entered a shootout or sit-n-go table, remember to be extremely conservative at the start of the game. Do not bluff. You will not get away with it. Chances are, somebody has the hand to beat you. You have two hole cards competing against 16. You like those odds?

General rule is, I play tight until the final 4 or 5. It is only when there only 4 or 5 players left that I start getting creative. Yes, that means stealing blinds. And because, at this point I've earned the reputation of being a tight player, a well-timed steal (usually when I am the last to bet and no one raised), I usually get away with it. And because the blinds are high at this point, the rewards are far better than if I played aggressive from the get go. I do not get the logic of bingo players raising all-in before the flop to start the game, risking all their chips, for that 30 chips!

---

Update: Primary account has 25 million chips and my anti-bingo-player account has 13 million (it was over 28 and 15 million briefly).

No comments:

Post a Comment