Check in the mail



It took an extra month more than the two months I was warned it would take for my first check from Zen Entertainment's Zero Poker to come. But after three months, it is finally here. Wooohooo! 

It is just 70 USD (100 USD minus 30% US federal tax), but this is my first poker paycheck  (among many more in the future I hope). I attribute the extra month to the fact that I live on the opposite end of the globe from Las Vegas (where Zen Entertainment is headquartered). But alls well that ends well. Finally, I have convinced my significant other that spending all that time playing poker is actually worth something. It should be worth a little more than 70 USD truth be told. I have abandoned play when I was in the chip lead with 30 players left top prize for 200 USD because the girlfriend gets antsy on the third or so hour of me playing continuously. Unfortunately, that is how long tournament play lasts at  www.zenentertainment.com -- at least those that pay 100 USD or more. Because of this handicap, I have chosen to play the "shorter" tourneys and thus the next two checks I expect to come in the next few weeks or so would be for all of 7 USD and 3.5 USD. LOL! And oh, because of the one month delay, I did not play poker at all last month. I forfeited a whole bunch of finals tickets. Oh well, back to the qualifiers then.

No comments:

Post a Comment