20 million chips


I was 16 million in chips, thereabouts, when I started the day yesterday. Bored at the 4K BB tables, I tried my hand at the next higher table, the 10K BB table. Quickly lost a million before I got my bearings. So I was 15 million, buying in at the 10K BB tables for 120 K each time. Once I got going, I found myself winning (and 10K BB tables means you win/lose a million every half hour or so of play). 

I got my chip count up to 18 million before me and the girlfriend decided to eat dinner out. Just the break I needed before the final push to break the 20 million chip barrier. One big hand, and I got myself into within 20K of breaking 20 million. And on the very next hand, I got AA hole cards with 700+K on the table. I wanted to slow play that, but some fool decided to go all-in before the flop, of course I had to call it. No one else called. He had KK. And I was ready to celebrate. But when the community cards came, he made flush! Ouch! Lost 700K in one hand, and was back down to 19.2 million and change.

Quickly rebought for 100K and got AQ  hole cards once I got back in the game. Same fool decided he was going to bully me and raised 100K pre-flop. I decided to call, and won with pair ace (he had pair ace too) but my kicker was bigger, So I was now 200K and change. Decided not to post blinds for the next few rounds as I was getting small unsuited hole cards. Won the few small pots that I decided to post blinds, but nothing to threaten breaching 20 million.

Then it came, KK hole cards. I remember you. You punished me once, work for me this time, ok? Wannabe big stack bully quickly initiated the raising frenzy with 100K. I had almost 300K chips, and decided to raise all-in. Two other players called. Big stack bully wannabe had AA. Other players had ace and a face card (not king).  I was behind, but the deck was aced out. And I had 5 community cards to hit just one more king to win it all. And the Zynga gods decided to reward this fool -- quad kings for almost 800K pot! Woohoo! And thus the barrier was finally breached.  





It was 1 am when it finally happened. Decided to rest on that and give my 20 million some sleep. :)

Woke up this morning and decided to hit the 4K BB table again. Current chip count now:


1 comment: