Zynga poker for noobs



So, you know that a straight beats three-of-a-kind (trips). Well, good for you. You know the rules of the game. But can you play poker? I mean, really play poker?




Let me ask, if your hand is pocket eights (8-8), and you rightly decided to invest in the blind, out comes the flop and it's 8-A-8, what do you do? You are starting the betting round, do you (a) raise, (b) bet pot, (c) go all-in, (d), check, or (e) fold?


If you answered anything other than (d) check, then you would be wrong. You do not know how to play poker, yet. 


Poker is not about winning the hand. Poker is all about winning the most out of a hand. Why raise any amount and risk making anyone fold at this point? By the way, if you answered (e) fold, get out of this blog, you are hopeless.


CHECK-RAISE


The proper way to play a very strong hand is to check-raise. Keep checking and/or just calling bets on all betting rounds until the river. This way you hide your hand's true strength until it is pay-up time. Alright, it's forgivable if you choose to raise blind (bet the value of the blind) at the turn if no one raised after the flop. I, personally, wouldn't play it that way, but sometimes doing that instigates a raising war with the more aggressive players on the table. Just keep calling.


So ok, now you've taken a few (or maybe all of them) to the river with you. You know you have the winning hand. Now comes the tricky part -- how much to bet. Raising all-in might come on too strong and just make everyone fold. You do not want that. You want them to call you. You've got the winning hand.


What I do all depends on whose on the table with me. Generally, I'd just bet pot (the current value of the pot at that point). I find that betting this much gets more people to call my bet. Sometimes aggressive players would even re-raise me, thinking that I am just bluffing. Of course I'd re-raise them back, all-in this time around.


If I am starting the betting round at the river, and I've been raised on both the flop and the turn, I check. Chances are,  the fool would make one more raise. Again, this time, I re-raise all-in.


All in all, the biggest pots I've won at the Zynga tables, are the pots I didn't even raise one time. Just called all the way to the river. Because Zynga poker chips aren't real, players tend to throw their chips away like that.

5 comments:

  1. Maester Dondz, having been on a state of considering my Ragnarok Career as a near fail, I am now considering moving on to Zynga Poker...

    But right now, I'll play some so I could get a hang of things. I guess I'll be reading this blog after all. Lol.

    Anyway, is "Zynga Poker" the same as "Texas Hold 'Em Poker by Zynga"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, welcome to the blog then. I am a little too busy at the moment to update this blog. But email me your FB account details so I can friend you (and send you some start up chips). Use the mungoconspiracy@gmail.com email. Yes, Zynga poker is texas holdem (by Zynga).

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can't freaking play there on zynga... there are noobs when you come to 5-10 milion... whenever you can win you need to risk it all and go all-in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bingo players! Free chips as far as I am concerned. Poker is probably the only game where players complain that the opponent is not playing well. What gives? Just stick to the math, be patient, and odds are you will take all the chips of a bingo player.

      Delete
  4. Hi, just wanted to mention, I loved this article.
    It was practical. Keep on posting!
    Also visit my webpage ... heads up poker

    ReplyDelete